Our development services are focused on six key areas. We recommend clients go through the process of using each of these services however, we understand some startups are further along than others and enable you to pick later stage services if you’ve developed your brand, model and product etc.
The Business Model
We don’t build startups that rely on gaining large numbers of users with a view to monetizing the product at a later date. We believe in thinking about, and developing the business model early on and work with clients to develop their business model. In this 2 hour session we work with you to develop a business model that can turn your idea into a real business.
- Identify the problem you are solving for users.
- Assess and develop a logical way to create value for these users.
- Differentiate the model to provide a basis for competition.
- Determine the sources of revenue from your model.
- Determine if the model is feasible from three key perspectives.
- Look at strategies to counteract “chicken and egg” startup problems.
- Identify variable and fixed costs associated with your model.
- Identify key metrics such as CCA (Cost of Customer Acquisition) ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) and LTV (Lifetime Value of a Customer)
Investment Required: $400
Your brand is far more than your logo. It is your customers deep gut feel about your product or service. It is perhaps the most important part of your startup. In this session we work with you to develop a unique and memorable brand, including the name, URL and perform the necessary trademark searches. In this 2 hour session we develop:
- A unique, memorable and protectable brand name that represents your startup.
- A detailed brief that can be used to guide logo and corporate identity design.
- Your brands personality, voice and vision.
Investment required: $400
Minimum Viable Product
The minimum viable product (MVP) is often an ad on Google. Or a PowerPoint slide. Or a dialog box. Or a landing page. You can often build it in a day or a week – Venture Hacks.
Once you’ve developed your business model and brand, it’s time to test your idea by developing a minimum viable product. Essentially this is the minimum feature set to determine demand for your product. The MVP can vary greatly depending on your idea, for example, you may only need a landing page and an adwords campaign to determine whether your idea can work or not – or you may need version 1 of the product. We’ll work with you to determine the optimal route and then develop your MVP quickly. This 2 Hour Session helps to determine:
- The MVP required to prove your model.
- The strategy to capture pre-launch customers.
- A plan to use feedback captured in the MVP for the real product.
Investment required: $400
Optional: Landing page design, copywriting, set-up and tracking $1000
Optional: 10-20 page slide deck (with copy) that can be used to secure prelaunch sales $1000
Once an MVP has been developed and feedback collected we can help you develop version one of your website, app, or software. At this stage we’ll have a strong understanding of your business goals and objectives and will put forward quotes on various design options for you to consider. Investment required. From previous experience, developing a version one of your website, app or software including UX, copywriting and design ranges from $5,000 to $30,000 depending on project complexity. A 50% deposit is required upon commencement of product development, with 50% upon completion.
Customer Acquisition Plan
More important than your product, is your marketing plan. If you can’t attract and acquire customers your business will fail. We’ll help you develop
- A focused and concise marketing plan.
- A timeline and budget for implementation.
- An affiliate and referral strategy.
- A search and social marketing plan.
- A set of marketing metrics to understand how to scale up your marketing engine.
Total Investment: $1800.00
Your Deck / Business Plan
Not all startups require investors, but all require a short, concise plan of attack to guide their growth. A startup without a business plan is like a ship without a rudder. We’ll help you develop a 10 slide deck that can be used to grow your startup, and can be used in conversations with angel investors, business plan competitions and banks. We can also make introductions to investors within our network, but will only do so if we believe you have traction and a plan that enables you to provide them good returns. However, we can also assist you prepare for this process. Total Investment: $1800.00